Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mid-Semester Reflection-What it means to be in Rob Williams pupil

1. After studying 21st century media for the last eight weeks, I have learned how to properly blog and I have also learned about how quickly the internet is taking the place of almost every other media outlet.

2. The most important thing i have learned about myself as a critical reader, writer and a thinker in this class so far is that I can now see behind forms of media in my everyday life and understand and contemplate there existences. I find myself often thinking about the future of the media and where it will all go from here.

3. One thing I would do differently if I were able to take this class again would be to study the power tools more and get a better grip on them;.

4. One thing i would want you to do differently if I were to take this class again would be nothing course related, I just wouldn't mind seeing Diki again. It has been a great class and I wouldn't want anything to change. Since I am a transfer, I have dealt with some horrible professors and you do not fall anywhere into that category, you are a great teacher.

5.

A. Power tools-The power tools help me to better understand aspects of the media and I truly think they are very useful. I find myself applying them to media I encounter outside of the classroom.

B.The course blog is a great way to bring the class together, unlike angel, it is more social and media oriented, fantastic idea.

C.The fact that we have to have a personal blog is such a great idea, it lets me be creative and talk about things that interest me. Being a writer, this is a wonderful skill to gain.

D.The in-class quizzes are a great way to make my mind work right at the beginning of the class, They help me stay focused on the topic at hand, the media.

E. The films we view in class are educational and insightful as they are interesting to watch. They teach important concepts about the world and the media. I really enjoyed Reel Bad Arabs because it made me think deeply about the American culture as a whole and what we are doing with ourselves.

F. The text book is actually one of the better text books I have ever owned. After the reading each week, I learn a lot about the medias past and the potential future for different aspects of the media. The book has interesting pictures and is very well written. I enjoy it very much.

1 comment:

  1. Useful midterm reflections here, Mike.

    I am glad to hear the course is working for you so far.

    On we go, and audeamus!

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete