Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Most Important Knowledge on the Internet- Media Meditation #1

I know the secrets of the universe, I know the truth behind the lies, I know the mystery of our existence and I know how many Avatar tattoos are on some guys back. I know all of this valuable information from a single web page on the internet. A web page so dedicated to bringing it's readers the most interesting and appealing stories the world has to offer, Geekologie. Yes, that is a word.
Screenshot off of Geekologie.com
I've learned so much valuable and awesome facts, new unbelievable inventions, better insight to Star Wars, important news about the world around us, and pretty much everything about what that the geek world adores, especially anything viral worth looking at. Just today I learned about Iran's new fleet of killer airplane boats, a bike that has an ejector seat ( and skis, tank treads and a flamethrower) equipped on it, that (sadly) Star Wars is going to undergo a 3-D renovation and that somebody made a grapefruit look like Pac-Man. This is all on a single blog, written by someone who I really think is the savior of our people. His writing is full of humor as well as insight. I agree with almost all of his opinions, from thinking Japan and robots are going to destroy us all to the fact that alcohol is as important in life as any body part. The 'mission statement of Geekologie is as follows:"
Geekologie is a geek blog dedicated to the scientific study of gadgets, gizmos, and awesome. There are a lot of shiny new things out there, and Geekologie is dedicated to finding every last one of them for you.
That right there is appealing to me, I love shiny things, and along with bringing us the latest gadgets, there are also posts about Star Wars, Pokemon, Beer, food that looks like video game character's, people changing their name legally to Buzz Lightyear, random tattoos that just look horrible, evil robotic discoveries, dinosaurs, awesome stop and go animation (see video below), movies and television that never get old.Ever. That makes it the best website on the web. It is consistent in bringing me the best knowledge out there.



Every weekday, (The writer doesn't blog on weekends, and is most likely drinking, according to his Monday posts) I check it just to laugh and learn a random new fact. I'm always entertained, and everything on the site interests me. I'm so glad for the fact that this blog exists. The humor used always makes me want to go back for more. I am a full blown fan of Geekologie and I seriously recommend it to anyone that uses there brain for more than staring at MTV because, well, MTV just sucks.




1 comment:

  1. Excellent blogging, Mike.

    Funny, insightful, and engaging. (Check your grammar for little rogue issues.)

    I've got to check out Geekologie, brother.

    And your post makes me want to even more.

    Is all this obsession with trivia all that important?

    I wonder.

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete